Who is Litmus?
Major global brands across every industry and vertical trust Litmus to make email better, including 9 of the top 10 ecommerce brands, 7 of the top 10 technology companies, and 23 of the top 25 US ad agencies.
Backed by $49M from Spectrum Equity, the Litmus email creation, testing, and analytics platform empowers marketers, designers, and agencies to confidently deliver customer experiences that ensure brand alignment and quality, as well as maximize performance and deliverability.
What would I do at Litmus?
Reporting to our VP of Customer Development, the Director of Sales will oversee our team of 8-10 Mid Market Account Executives and Business Development Representatives (BDR) based both in Cambridge, MA and San Mateo, CA. You will set the bar high and hold the team accountable for meeting and exceeding their monthly, quarterly and annual goals. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to move into a true VP of Sales role over time. In this role you will wear two hats - managing a direct sales team and managing a BDR organization. You should be able to get deep into pipeline and forecast reviews, ride shotgun on sales calls, mentor and coach your team, and provide tactical sales process direction and support to your team. At the same time, you must be able to work with marketing, sales ops and your BDRs to create outbound campaigns, craft effective messaging and build pipeline as you scale and grow a first class business development organization.
- Provide ongoing day-to-day leadership, direction and strategy to our Mid Market Account Executives and BDR teams
- Set objectives and clearly communicate them to the team. Be sure that everyone understands what is expected of them in their role
- Manage the team to success, including hiring, role onboarding/training, compensation, day-to-day tactical coaching and mentoring; monitor the progress of the team and provide constructive feedback
- Set a strong cadence of monthly and quarterly deals to overachieve on quota
- Conduct weekly forecast and pipeline review meetings
- Participate in and lead prospect meetings and engage other corporate resources as required
- Own and manage the inside sales and business development playbook and processes to help the team build quality pipeline and manage opportunities to close
- Work closely with Marketing and Sales Operations to manage outbound campaigns, ensure lead follow-up, define process and expectations, and help drive the success of campaigns
- Leverage Salesforce.com to measure and manage teams across key metrics, including sales activity, pipeline management, conversion rates and sales forecasting
- Maintain a culture of collaboration, friendly competition and fun
- Utilize metrics to learn what is working and not working to improve team performance
Why should I choose Litmus?
We offer everything you'd expect from a financially successful and profitable startup, and we've been going strong for ten years.
- Great salary and stock options, comprehensive health care benefits, and a generous retirement plan match.
- 28 days of paid vacation—that’s on top of team retreats, public holidays, and a holiday break in December.
- Remote-friendly culture. We're looking for team members that could primarily work from our beautifully designed and well-equipped office in Cambridge, MA. Since many of our teammates are located around the globe, you'll also benefit from the first-class remote experience we've created—giving you the flexibility to work remotely when you need to, along with the tools and resources you need to succeed.
- Family friendly. Flexible schedules along with generous maternity and paternity policies.
- The best tools and technology money can buy. Top of the line hardware, software, and whatever else you need to be awesome.
It’s the company you keep. The people at Litmus are truly amazing, each in their own way. With outstanding profitable growth and the trust of more than 250,000 marketers you know you’re part of a winning team.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum experience of five years managing a successful team of mid market sales representatives
- Proven success and ability to grow a business 100%+ year over year
- Successful sales management track record in a B2B software solution sales environment
- Proven success managing a BDR organization. Passionate about coaching and developing a team of Business Development Representatives that are responsible for developing and qualifying revenue opportunities and sales pipeline within their assigned territory
- Experience managing a mid-market business with a monthly and quarterly close cadence to over-achieve on quota and revenue goals
- An adept recruiter with demonstrated success recruiting, hiring and onboarding successful sales reps
- Very metric driven Director that leverages data to make strategic decision regarding target markets, buyer personas, sales models and messaging
- Ability to thrive in a high growth environment and work with what you have
- Has been seen by former team members as a great boss, mentor and leader
- Experience setting goals and providing direction around the activity necessary to achieve those goals, utilizing SPIFFs and other motivators to drive pipeline growth and prospecting activity
- Proven success in software sales as an individual contributor