Who is Litmus:
Major global brands across every industry and vertical trust Litmus to make email better, including 9 of the top 10 ecommerce brands, 7 of the top 10 technology companies, and 23 of the top 25 US ad agencies.
Backed by $49M from Spectrum Equity, the Litmus email creation, testing, and analytics platform empowers marketers, designers, and agencies to confidently deliver customer experiences that ensure brand alignment and quality, as well as maximize performance and deliverability.
What would I do at Litmus?
The Finance Support Specialist will work directly with our customers, sales, customer support and other finance team members to make a positive impact on our overall accounting function and customer interactions. In a high volume environment, the Finance Support Specialist will be responsible for accurate preparation of customer invoices, collection of delinquent invoices, review of enterprise contracts and renewal of self-service customers requiring manual processing.
- Handle all tickets/conversations that are “billing” related. (Refunds, invoicing, billing, quotes, inquiries etc.) in Support and Billing inboxes
- Communicate in a professional and friendly manner with all internal departments, specifically Sales, Support, Finance
- Provide support and guidance to Sales team
- Prepare and process all necessary invoices according to contractual terms
- Follow up with customers for all billing issues
- Ensure timely follow-up and resolution of internal and external inquiries of billing issues
- Run and review daily billing exception reports
- As needed, research and understand a customer’s complete history and profile by bringing together billing, payment and product usage history in order to resolve issues
- Partner with sales reps to structure product order forms in compliance with company policies in order to help reduce sales cycle time
- Review product order forms and ensure compliance with company pricing and discount policies
- Ensure proper set up of signed product order forms in billing system
- Contact and help renew self-service customers that require a manual renewal process
- Contact customers regarding payment of overdue invoices, obtain customer payment commitments and process payments
- Maintain detailed records of collection efforts and status
- Establish the necessary credit reviews and customer shut-off procedures, and review and release shut-off orders as deemed appropriate
- Work closely with the Sales and Customer support teams to facilitate speedy successfully collections
- Process all credit card chargebacks
- Work with the financial system analyst to streamline processes, investigate and resolve issues
What is Litmus looking for in a candidate?
- You LOVE helping customers and want to provide the BEST customer experience in all interactions
- You have experience helping customers through a support role (preferably at a SaaS company)
- You have experience in billing/collections and customer outreach
- You want to be impactful to the team and company, being a team member and contributor is as important as the service that you provide to customers
- You are self-motivated and resourceful when it comes to troubleshooting problems
- You have excellent written and verbal skills
- You are familiar with HelpScout and Zuora (although not necessary)
- You're tech savvy and interested in the startup world and learning about new technology
Why should I choose Litmus?
We offer everything you'd expect from a financially successful and profitable startup, and we've been going strong for ten years.
- Great salary and stock options, comprehensive health care benefits, and a generous retirement plan match.
- 28 days of paid vacation—that’s on top of team retreats and public holidays.
- Remote-friendly culture. No matter where you are, you'll feel connected to the team. Over half of our employees work remotely. Your work experience is just as exciting, entertaining, and engaging wherever you choose to work from.
- Family friendly. Flexible schedules along with generous maternity and paternity policies.
- Fantastic professional training to keep your skills sharp.
- The best tools and technology money can buy. Top of the line hardware, software, and whatever else you need to be awesome.
It’s the company you keep. The people at Litmus are truly amazing, each in their own way. With outstanding profitable growth and the trust of more than 250,000 marketers you know you’re part of a winning team.