Who is Litmus?
At Litmus we build best-in-class tools and applications to empower marketers, designers, and agencies to achieve high levels of personalization, engagement, and ROI with every email they send. Over 250,000 major global brands across every industry and vertical trust Litmus to help them confidently deliver a superior subscriber experience, including 9 of the top 10 eCommerce brands, 8 of the top 10 retailers, 7 of the top 10 tech companies, and 23 of the top 25 US ad agencies.
We also have partnerships with more than 250 industry-leading email service providers and agencies, including Salesforce Marketing Cloud, MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, Experian, IBM Marketing Cloud, HubSpot, and Return Path.
As the Head of Online Growth at Litmus you will drive the global self-serve/online business, which includes owning its revenue growth targets, its business strategy, and execution of initiatives across our marketing, customer, and product teams. You will also help use the self-serve business to drive up-sell and cross-sell into an emerging enterprise business model.
You will leverage your past expertise and success across eCommerce, Demand Generation, Online Marketing, and Product to own each step of the user journey. You are ready to own (and constantly evolve) the online experience from awareness generation strategies to pricing/packaging to free trial conversions to on-boarding of paying customers. A/B testing, LTV optimization, funnel management, nurturing, segmentation, campaigns, data science, personalized marketing, analytics, engagement KPIs, etc. are all things that excite you and will be a key part of your success in the role. This is a highly visible, influential, and senior role within the company. You will continue to build out and lead a high performing Online Growth team and be comfortable managing across disciplines, offices, and locations.
Job Description: What would I do at Litmus?
- Lead the self-serve business growth, which includes meeting or beating global targets for self-serve sales (Net New MRR), customer experience (NPS), and customer engagement (Engagement Score)
- Build long- and short-term growth strategies, influence action across various stakeholders, and effect change in the daily work environment
- Ensure we have a customer-first mindset: from acquisition to onboarding to expansion to advocacy
- Have a deep understanding of our market and customer needs in order to align marketing and sales strategies with product strategy
- Make data-informed decisions around generating demand and activating and retaining customers, in order to improve results through continuous testing and refinement strategies
- Optimize our marketing automation, testing, and nurturing processes across all channels and ensure that we benchmark against the best businesses in the SaaS space
- Provide industry-leading representation when needed at major events
- Own our strategy for how Litmus generates demand from all new and current customers (inclusive of all segments, verticals, regions) at every stage of the user journey
- Provide thought leadership, innovation, and process improvement initiatives
Requirements: What are we looking for?
- Proven excellence driving an online business with deep revenue ownership, consistent revenue achievement, and accurate forecasting
- Strong background in a senior capacity with a SaaS software company, including, but not limited to, product management or growth marketing roles
- Strong knowledge of SaaS metrics, funnel optimization, acquisition, customer retention, and monetization. Familiarity with the ‘Flywheel’ method is a plus
- Metrics and analytics-guided decision making
- Deep understanding of SMB customer segment and experience with the email marketing industry
- Ability to specify technical requirements and lead product innovation through matrixed development teams
- Effective communication: you know how to win buy-in from functional and executive stakeholders
- Collaborative and team spirited; respectful of and values others' contributions. You’ll embrace the Litmus culture, its business, and reputation.
- Degree in Business or equivalent industry experience; Masters Degree preferred
Why should I choose Litmus?
We offer everything you'd expect from a financially successful and profitable growth company, and we've been going strong for ten years.
- Great salary and stock options, comprehensive health care benefits, and a generous retirement plan match.
- 28 days of paid vacation - that’s on top of team retreats, public holidays, and a holiday break in December.
- Remote-friendly culture. While this role has a preference for Boston or San Francisco/ Bay Area as a team location, feel free to work from home when you want to. No matter where you are, you'll feel connected to the team. Your work experience is just as exciting, entertaining, and engaging wherever you choose to work from.
- Family friendly. Flexible schedules along with generous maternity and paternity policies.
- The best tools and technology money can buy. Top of the line hardware, software, and whatever else you need to be awesome.
It’s the company you keep. The people at Litmus are truly amazing, each in their own way. What’s more, at Litmus we’re free to care more for our customers and our employees than most other companies can. Yet, we’re driven. With over 250,000 marketers trusting Litmus and outstanding profitable growth, you know you’re part of a winning team.