Major global brands across every industry and vertical trust Litmus to make email better, including 9 of the top 10 ecommerce brands, 7 of the top 10 technology companies, and 23 of the top 25 US ad agencies.
Backed by $49M from Spectrum Equity, the Litmus email creation, testing, and analytics platform empowers marketers, designers, and agencies to confidently deliver customer experiences that ensure brand alignment and quality, as well as maximize performance and deliverability.
What would I do at Litmus?
We are looking for seasoned enterprise sales professional with a background selling into agencies and/or marketing departments to join our growing Customer Development team as we move deeper into the enterprise market. In this role, you will benefit from inbound leads as well as partner with internal Business Development Reps to research prospective customers and upsell opportunities, create outreach strategies, and identify opportunities.
You will work directly with prospects and customers to understand their goals, pains and challenges, demo our product, and sell the Litmus value proposition to help them meet their goals and help you hit your monthly/quarterly goals. You will sell into some of our largest enterprise customers and prospects, which include 60% of the Fortune 100. This is a terrific opportunity for an experienced enterprise sales professional looking to join a high growth software company with untapped potential.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Partner with our prospects and customers to help them achieve their broader marketing and email goals
- Leverage an effective sales process to build pipeline, qualify deals, build relationships with key decision makers, and connect our customers’ business needs and goals with Litmus core product and services
- Qualify and close in-bound enterprise deals for Litmus
- Farm our installed base to upsell current customers, many of whom are Fortune 500 companies, into Enterprise platform deals
- Accurately enter, update, and maintain daily activity, forecast and opportunity information in salesforce.com
- Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of the Litmus solution
- Exceed monthly and quarterly objectives
What are we looking for?
- 10+ years in a corporate/enterprise sales role in a B2B SaaS company with a demonstrated and successful track record of developing new accounts, and introducing emerging technology
- Experience selling into agencies and/or marketing departments of major brands, retailers and technology companies is required. You have a strong working knowledge of the email creative process and where Litmus fits into the marketing technology stack
- You have impeccable customer skills and a strong sense of empathy and integrity
- You have experience in the early days of a successful software or SaaS sales organization as it grew would be ideal
- You follow a disciplined sales process, are organized and analytical and are able to identify and eliminate sales and product obstacles creatively and quickly
- You demonstrate excellent consultative, relationship building skills with a strong attention to detail and have a proven ability to penetrate, build and nourish meaningful, long term relationships with senior executives and other key stakeholders within the enterprise
- You work well with others and have a strong emotional IQ. You know how to influence people who do not work for you, and know when to push and not push
- You are an entrepreneur and are excited by the prospect of building a patch of business and hitting quarterly and annual targets
- You are your own CEO and know cold all of your opportunities, accounts, renewals and forecasts
- You don’t like to be micro-managed and are self-motivated. We hire smart, driven, and motivated people who can do their job with limited guidance. We work well as a team and communicate often but are moving too fast to micro-manage you
- You have demonstrated a track record of success, professionally and personally. You are competitive and are a leader.
- You are an overachiever and not satisfied with “just” making quota. You been to club multiple times and considered your year a failure if you did not qualify for sales club. Having set and met or exceeded goals is required
- You must be customer focused and highly responsive
Why should I choose Litmus?
- We offer everything you'd expect from a financially successful and profitable startup, and we've been going strong for ten years.
- Great salary and stock options, comprehensive health care benefits, and a generous retirement plan match.
- 28 days of paid vacation—that’s on top of team retreats and public holidays.
- Remote friendly culture. This role is based in our Cambridge office.
- Family friendly. Flexible schedules along with generous maternity and paternity policies.
- The best tools and technology money can buy. Top of the line hardware, software, and whatever else you need to be awesome.
It’s the company you keep. The people at Litmus are truly amazing, each in their own way. With outstanding profitable growth and the trust of more than 250,000 marketers you know you’re part of a winning team.