Major global brands across every industry and vertical trust Litmus to make email better, including 9 of the top 10 ecommerce brands, 7 of the top 10 technology companies, and 23 of the top 25 US ad agencies.
Backed by $49M from Spectrum Equity, the Litmus email creation, testing, and analytics platform empowers marketers, designers, and agencies to confidently deliver customer experiences that ensure brand alignment and quality, as well as maximize performance and deliverability.
What would I do at Litmus?
The Director of Retention Marketing will oversee development and execution of marketing strategies for onboarding, engaging, retaining, and upselling Litmus paid customers. This includes retention marketing programs targeted at customers to reduce churn, as well as save programs and billing renewal programs for customers. This role will partner with cross-functional teams to create, deliver, and analyze impact of programs, and own the retention KPIs and revenue for our Core business. The Director of Retention Marketing will report to the CMO and be located in our San Mateo office.
- Lead the marketing strategy, development, and execution of personalized retention marketing programs for existing Litmus customers.
- Drive creation of segmented onboarding and engagement programs for customers that drive active use of Litmus products and ultimately retention.
- Work with email, in-product messaging, content, and product marketing teams to create and deliver personalized and consistent cross-channel retention messages.
- Partner with Customer Support to develop and optimize save programs.
- Analyze and segment the customer base to identify reactivation and upsell opportunities across the product offerings.
- Establish business requirements with the Data Analytics and Finance teams for analysis and reporting on the success of programs and retention revenue. Own retention KPIs and revenue for the Core business, and communicate progress versus plan.
- Work with the Data team on modeling that predicts behavior that drives retention. Incorporate this into retention programs and share with Enterprise sales team to inform their retention efforts with key accounts.
- Test and improve all marketing programs to optimize customer experience while maximizing recurring revenue and LTV.
- Partner with Finance and Customer Support to optimize billing renewal workflows to minimize unnecessary loss due to billing failure.
What are we looking for?
- 7+ years of leadership experience running retention marketing programs in a SaaS or related B2B business.
- Deep experience with working effectively in an agile, iterative test-and-learn marketing environment.
- Comfortable with large sets of marketing and product usage data to glean critical insight to inform marketing and conversion strategy.
- Can effectively and convincingly communicate their ideas and objectives to all levels of the company.
- BA/BS required, MBA preferred
Why should I choose Litmus?
We offer everything you'd expect from a financially successful and profitable startup, except we've been going strong for ten years.
- Great salary, comprehensive health care benefits, and a generous retirement plan match.
- 28 days of paid vacation - that’s on top of team retreats, public holidays, and a holiday break in December.
- Remote-friendly culture. We're looking for team members that could primarily work from our beautifully designed and well-equipped office in San Mateo, CA. Since many of our teammates are located around the globe, you'll also benefit from the first-class remote experience we've created—giving you the flexibility to work remotely when you need to, along with the tools and resources you need to succeed.
- Family friendly. Flexible schedules along with generous maternity and paternity policies.
- The best tools and technology money can buy. Top of the line hardware, software, and whatever else you need to be awesome.
It’s the company you keep. The people at Litmus are truly amazing, each in their own very individual way. What’s more, at Litmus we’re free to care more for our customers and our employees than most other companies can. Yet, we’re driven. With over 250,000 marketers trusting Litmus and outstanding profitable growth, you know you’re part of a winning team.