Who is Litmus?
As a leader in email creation, testing, and analytics for more than a decade, Litmus has built a loyal following among email professionals worldwide. Our SaaS platform empowers marketers, designers, and agencies to achieve high levels of email personalization, engagement, and ROI. Major global brands across every industry and vertical trust Litmus to help them confidently deliver a superior email experience, including 9 of the top 10 eCommerce brands, 8 of the top 10 retailers, 7 of the top 10 tech companies, and 23 of the top 25 US ad agencies.
We are looking for an ambitious, results-driven professional to join our Product Marketing team. The Product Marketing Manager will collaborate with stakeholders in Marketing, Sales, and Product Management to develop and execute go-to-market activities for Litmus solutions across our Enterprise and Online/Self-Serve businesses.
What would I do at Litmus?
- Gain and maintain a deep understanding of target customers, their goals, challenges, and pain points
- Support the development of value-based, differentiated messaging positioning that communicates how Litmus solutions meet the needs of target audience segments
- Drive go-to-market planning and execution for new products and features, working cross-functionally to ensure a successful launch
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of launch campaigns and other programs, identifying future opportunities and sharing key learnings
- Work closely with Marketing, Demand Generation, and Partnership teams to develop effective campaign messaging that will drive leads and revenue
- Generate content that clearly illustrates the value of Litmus solutions and drives audiences to action, including sales collateral, web content, email templates, case studies, presentations, and sales enablement tools
- Understand and continuously monitor the competitive landscape, share findings with key internal stakeholders, and develop battle cards for the sales team
- Provide sales training and education on positioning, product features, and competitive intelligence
What is Litmus looking for in a candidate?
- We are targeting 2-5 years of experience from which you should have demonstrable understanding of all facets of product marketing, including messaging and positioning, go-to-market planning and execution, customer personas, competitive intelligence, campaign strategy, content development, and sales enablement. You have an inherent curiosity about customer needs.
- You are passionate about writing succinct, compelling messages that show audiences not just the “what”, but the more important “why” it should matter to them.
- We are more interested in your qualifications as product marketer than where you reside. Our marketing team is globally distributed—this role is open to remote candidates or can be co-located in our San Mateo, CA or Cambridge, MA offices.
- You are eager to collaborate, learn, and contribute. You’re equally comfortable writing content for a sales sheet and landing page as you are defining and managing the various components of a product launch.
- You have experience in B2B SaaS companies, specifically at the Enterprise level.
- You embrace the inherent challenges that comes with marketing to marketers. You think and care about what really matters to marketers, their experience with our brand, our product, and our company.
- You have good communication skills. As a distributed team, it's important that we're able to understand each other through text and spoken word.
- Experience working with a direct sales team, as well as with product management teams.
- Experience with Litmus and Salesforce a plus.
Why should I choose Litmus?
We offer everything you'd expect from a financially successful and profitable startup, except we've been going strong for ten years.
- Great salary, comprehensive health care benefits, and a generous retirement plan match.
- 28 days of paid vacation—that’s on top of team retreats, public holidays, and a holiday break in December.
- Family friendly. Flexible schedules along with generous maternity and paternity policies.
- Remote friendly culture. You'll benefit from the first-class remote experience we've created—giving you the flexibility to work remotely when you need to, along with the tools and resources you need to succeed.
- We’ll enable you to run a well-staffed and well-resourced email program—you won’t be expected to be a one-person show.
- When it comes to email, we “practice what we preach.” You can breathe easy knowing that you’re running a clean permission-based email program.
It’s the company you keep. The people at Litmus are truly amazing, each in their own very individual way. What’s more, at Litmus we’re free to care more for our customers and our employees than most other companies can. Yet, we’re driven. With over 250,000 marketers trusting Litmus and outstanding profitable growth, you know you’re part of a winning team.