Who is Litmus?
Major global brands across every industry and vertical trust Litmus to make email better, including 9 of the top 10 ecommerce brands, 7 of the top 10 technology companies, and 23 of the top 25 US ad agencies.
Backed by $49M from Spectrum Equity, the Litmus email creation, testing, and analytics platform empowers marketers, designers, and agencies to confidently deliver customer experiences that ensure brand alignment and quality, as well as maximize performance and deliverability.
What would I do at Litmus?
Reporting to our Director of Sales, the Business Development Representative (BDR) Manager will oversee our team of Business Development Representatives (BDR) based in Cambridge, MA. You will set the bar high and hold the team accountable for meeting and exceeding their monthly, quarterly and annual goals. You should be able to get deep into pipeline and forecast reviews, mentor and coach your team, and provide tactical sales process direction and support to your team.
- Provide ongoing day-to-day leadership, direction and strategy to our BDR team
- Set objectives and clearly communicate them to the team. Be sure that everyone understands what is expected of them in their role
- Manage the team to success, including hiring, onboarding/training, compensation, day-to-day tactical coaching and mentoring; monitor the progress of the team and provide constructive feedback
- Set a strong cadence of monthly and quarterly deals to overachieve on quota
- Conduct weekly trainings and pipeline review meetings
- Participate in and lead prospect meetings and engage other corporate resources as required
- Own and manage the business development playbook and processes to help the team build quality pipeline and manage opportunities to close
- Leverage Salesforce.com to measure and manage teams across key metrics
- Maintain a culture of collaboration, friendly competition and fun
- Utilize metrics to learn what is working and not working to improve team performance
What are we looking for?
- At least 1 year of experience managing a successful team of Business Development Representatives
- Proven success managing a BDR organization. Passionate about coaching and developing a team of Business Development Representatives that are responsible for developing and qualifying revenue opportunities and sales pipeline within their assigned territory
- Demonstrated success recruiting, hiring and onboarding successful BDRs
- Metric driven approach that leverages data to make strategic decision regarding target markets, buyer personas, sales models and messaging
- Ability to thrive in a high growth environment and work with what you have
- Experience setting goals and providing direction around the activity necessary to achieve those goals
- Proven success in software sales as an individual contributor
Why should I choose Litmus?
We offer everything you'd expect from a financially successful and profitable startup, and we've been going strong for ten years.
- Great salary and stock options, comprehensive health care benefits, and a generous retirement plan match.
- 28 days of paid vacation—that’s on top of team retreats, public holidays, and a holiday break in December.
- Remote-friendly culture. We're looking for team members that could primarily work from our beautifully designed and well-equipped office in Cambridge, MA. Since many of our teammates are located around the globe, you'll also benefit from the first-class remote experience we've created—giving you the flexibility to work remotely when you need to, along with the tools and resources you need to succeed.
- Family friendly. Flexible schedules along with generous maternity and paternity policies.
- The best tools and technology money can buy. Top of the line hardware, software, and whatever else you need to be awesome.
It’s the company you keep. The people at Litmus are truly amazing, each in their own way. With outstanding profitable growth and the trust of more than 250,000 marketers you know you’re part of a winning team.