Who is Litmus:
Major global brands across every industry and vertical trust Litmus to make email better, including 9 of the top 10 ecommerce brands, 7 of the top 10 technology companies, and 23 of the top 25 US ad agencies.
Backed by $49M from Spectrum Equity, the Litmus email creation, testing, and analytics platform empowers marketers, designers, and agencies to confidently deliver customer experiences that ensure brand alignment and quality, as well as maximize performance and deliverability.
What would I do at Litmus?
We are looking for a Head of Sales Enablement to lead our sales enablement organization and mentor and train our sales team. The Head of Sales Enablement will lead a team responsible for sales onboarding; the development of sales tools (e.g. sales playbooks, objection handling guides) and training to drive sales productivity; ongoing coaching of the sales team; and the development of certification programs to support new solutions and messaging. This is an amazing opportunity for an individual to redesign and optimize the current program.
You will partner with sales leadership, marketing, and product teams to build, deliver and administer trainings and programs to ensure that all sales team members can excel in their roles. Your team will work with newly hired BDRs, Account Managers and Account Executives to onboard them on our market, the ideal customer profile, our competition, our messaging and our value proposition. You will ensure all sales team members are certified to demo our product and are trained on our sales methodology. You will be responsible for ensuring efficient and effective sales rep onboarding, assessing performance regularly against agreed upon metrics (e.g. time to first deal, time to quota), as well as driving ongoing enablement of tenured team members.
This is an amazing opportunity for an individual who is self-motivated and creative, and wants to leverage past enablement and sales experience to lead and grow a sales enablement program in a growing tech company.
The position will report to the Senior Vice President of Customer Development and is critical to our organization as it promotes the development of our most important asset, our people.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Manage all Litmus sales enablement and on-boarding programs
- Evolve and optimize the new hire onboarding program to support Litmus’ growth and go to market plans
- Deliver new hire live workshops, virtual sessions and 1:1 sessions. Utilize a variety of training methodologies, techniques, concepts, learning tools, and practices to ensure maximum effectiveness of training programs
- Provide ongoing coaching for all sales team members on prospecting, discovery, qualification, demoing, messaging, pipeline management and closing best practices
- Partner with Marketing and Product teams to develop new enablement content, tools and certification programs to ensure the team educated on messaging, product positioning, target audiences, and buyer personas
- Contribute to shorten New Hire’s ramp time and increase sales attainment level through training and coaching
- Help the sales team build more quality pipeline and win more deals at higher ASPs
- Work with sales managers to assess sales reps and determine ongoing development needs
- Participate in and listen to sales calls and meetings to identify areas for improvements, both for individuals and the broader team
- Manage key sales events including Annual Sales Kick Off and Sales Leadership events
What are we looking for?
- BS/BA required
- 5+ years of sales enablement and training experience as well as previous sales experience at a top tier SaaS software company
- You enjoy training people and enabling them to be successful; you take pride when people whom you have trained and onboarded are successful and hit their quotas
- Strong knowledge of sales process and methodologies
- Strong organizational skills to manage competing projects with tight deadlines effectively
- Proven ability to run effective sales training, either live or virtually
- Experience with Salesforce.com preferred
- You don’t like to be micro-managed and are self-motivated. We hire smart, driven, and motivated people who can do their job with limited guidance
- Previous experience managing a team and scaling an enablement organization
- You have demonstrated a track record of success, professionally and personally.
- You are competitive and are a leader. Having set and met or exceeded goals is required
Why should I choose Litmus?
- We offer everything you'd expect from a financially successful and profitable startup, and we've been going strong for ten years.
- Great salary and stock options, comprehensive health care benefits, and a generous retirement plan match.
- 28 days of paid vacation—that’s on top of team retreats and public holidays.
- Remote-friendly culture. No matter where you are, you'll feel connected to the team. Over half of our employees work remotely. Your work experience is just as exciting, entertaining, and engaging wherever you choose to work from.
- Family friendly. Flexible schedules along with generous maternity and paternity policies.
- Fantastic professional training to keep your skills sharp.
- The best tools and technology money can buy. Top of the line hardware, software, and whatever else you need to be awesome.
It’s the company you keep. The people at Litmus are truly amazing, each in their own way. With outstanding profitable growth and the trust of more than 250,000 marketers you know you’re part of a winning team.