Who is Litmus?
Major global brands across every industry and vertical trust Litmus to make email better, including 9 of the top 10 ecommerce brands, 7 of the top 10 technology companies, and 23 of the top 25 US ad agencies.
Backed by $49M from Spectrum Equity, the Litmus email creation, testing, and analytics platform empowers marketers, designers, and agencies to confidently deliver customer experiences that ensure brand alignment and quality, as well as maximize performance and deliverability.
What would I do at Litmus?
Litmus is looking for an experienced security and privacy expert to help take us to the next level. Litmus is committed to earning and maintaining the trust of our customers and in order to do that we need an action-oriented and process-focused Director of Security & Data Privacy to instill discipline in the organization and bring security and data privacy to the forefront of our mission.
- Experience drafting, implementing and enforcing corporate security policies
- Experience and up-to-date knowledge of current privacy and data protection laws and regulatory programs
- Have a broad understanding of InfoSec/AppSec security controls and industry best practices
- Have experience with industry best practice standards like SOC Type 2 or ISO 27001
- Be passionate about security and protecting the data privacy of our customers and our employees
- Be capable of instilling security awareness in our employee base
- Be capable of owning and communicating security risks, priorities and incidents to senior leadership
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be CIPP, CIPM and CISSP certified
- Have an IT or software engineering background
- Document, implement, enforce and maintain overarching corporate information security policy and underlying security controls
- Align Litmus security and data privacy practices to well-known industry standards such as SOC Type 2 and ISO 27001
- Guide security engineering on InfoSec/AppSec standards, auditing and penetration testing
- Develop training materials and conduct security and privacy awareness training for existing and new Litmus personnel
- Manage customer security assessments, including review of security contract terms and completion of questionnaires
- Design, establish and maintain a global privacy program, including processes for identifying, inventorying and classifying relevant personal data contained in company systems and tools, conducting privacy impact and risk assessments, and establishing and/or updating privacy, security and information management policies and procedures
- Ensure ongoing monitoring, auditing, and testing of the privacy program to confirm all facets function as intended
- Manage registrations and filings with applicable data protection authorities and/or agencies
- Serve as the company’s Data Protection Officer and, as necessary or appropriate, participate in representation of the company before data protection authorities and other regulators and agencies
- Respond accordingly to data subject access requests (DSAR) from our customers
- Develop and implement a vendor risk management program to vet and audit vendors and ensure compliance with company security and privacy requirements
- Coordinate with various business stakeholders to ensure new and existing products and processes comply with applicable data privacy requirements
- In conjunction with Legal, manage investigations relating to the company’s privacy and security programs
Why should I choose Litmus?
- We offer everything you'd expect from a financially successful and profitable startup, and we've been going strong for ten years.
- Great salary and stock options, comprehensive health care benefits, and a generous retirement plan match.
- 28 days of paid vacation—that’s on top of team retreats and public holidays.
- Remote-friendly culture. No matter where you are, you'll feel connected to the team. Over half of our employees work remotely. Your work experience is just as exciting, entertaining, and engaging wherever you choose to work from.
- Family friendly. Flexible schedules along with generous maternity and paternity policies.
- Fantastic professional training to keep your skills sharp.
- The best tools and technology money can buy. Top of the line hardware, software, and whatever else you need to be awesome.
Litmus is the company you keep. The people at Litmus are truly amazing, each in their own very individual way. What’s more, at Litmus we’re free to care more for our customers and our employees than most other companies can. Yet, we’re driven. With over 250,000 marketers trusting Litmus and outstanding profitable growth, you know you’re part of a winning team. Come find your tribe with us!