Who is Litmus?
At Litmus we build best-in-class tools and applications to empower marketers, designers, and agencies to achieve high levels of personalization, engagement, and ROI with every email they send. Over 250,000 major global brands across every industry and vertical trust Litmus to help them confidently deliver a superior subscriber experience, including 9 of the top 10 eCommerce brands, 8 of the top 10 retailers, 7 of the top 10 tech companies, and 23 of the top 25 US ad agencies.
We also have partnerships with more than 250 industry-leading email service providers and agencies, including Salesforce Marketing Cloud, MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, Experian, IBM Marketing Cloud, HubSpot, and Return Path.
What would I do at Litmus?
Good design has always been integral to Litmus. In this role, you’ll build new features and products which lead to customer success and delight. As a Senior Product Designer you’ll need to rely on a deep understanding of visual design and user experience to take new ideas from concept (research, wireframes, user testing) all the way to execution (mockups, prototype markup).
Who is the ideal candidate?
You understand the importance of user experience and visual design, but can also effectively communicate it. You get excited solving design challenges with other designers and developers, and then continuing to improve and iterate on those products.
You'll be responsible for:
- Designing user interfaces for our web-based products from initial concepts through to the final product
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design problems
- Strong communication skills and ability to backup design decisions
- Work closely with our product managers and development team to oversee the implementation of your designs
- Coordinate user testing of our product and your own prototypes
- Continually jump in to help with user experience decisions throughout the product
- To care deeply about aesthetics and usability
- To never be satisfied with “good enough”
- A strong attention to detail
- A solid understanding of layout, typography, color and other design principles
- Proficiency in Adobe (especially Photoshop and Illustrator), or other visual design and wireframing tools
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS. (You should be able to prototype or ship markup.)
- Experience working with user research and data to inform decisions.
- 4+ years of product design with a strong portfolio to back it up
- Experience with GitHub and version control.
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails templates (.erb)
Why should I choose Litmus?
We offer everything you'd expect from a successful and profitable startup, except we've been going strong for ten years.
- Great salary, stock options, comprehensive health care benefits, 28 days paid vacation (yes, on top of public holidays!)
- The technology - it's always the latest stuff and very diverse.
- The best tools money can buy. Every developer has an SSD, dual Apple 27" LED monitors, an Aeron chair and whatever else you need to be awesome.
- Our office space is amazing. It includes sweeping views of MIT, Harvard and Boston, an Xbox with Kinect, stocked beverage fridge (with an array of juices, sodas and yes, beer) and Sonos sound system. We also cater lunch, every day.
- If you're remote, we'll fly you out to Boston for team meetups, retreats and conferences, and you can stay nearby in our wonderfully furnished company apartment.