Major global brands across every industry and vertical trust Litmus to make email better, including 9 of the top 10 ecommerce brands, 7 of the top 10 technology companies, and 23 of the top 25 US ad agencies.
Backed by $49M from Spectrum Equity, the Litmus email creation, testing, and analytics platform empowers marketers, designers, and agencies to confidently deliver customer experiences that ensure brand alignment and quality, as well as maximize performance and deliverability.
What would I do at Litmus?
We are looking for an account manager with experience selling into marketing and advertising departments to join our growing Customer Development team as we move deeper into the enterprise market. In this role, you will build relationships within our customers to become a trusted advisor, to oversee their adoption of the Litmus platform, and to promote best practices to continually drive incremental value and return on their investment. Through these relationships and direct work with our customers you will be responsible for renewing customers and upselling to hit our quarterly and annual targets. This role is equal parts advisor, consultant, and account manager. This is a terrific opportunity to accelerate your career with a high growth software company with untapped potential.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Partner with our customers to help them achieve their broader marketing and email goals
- Build relationships with key decision makers, and connect our customers’ business needs and goals with Litmus core product and services, in order to identify and develop new revenue opportunities
- Team with the Account Executives to farm our installed base and find additional upsell opportunities across our enterprise customers in order to drive incremental value and return on their investment
- Go onsite with key customers to demonstrate new products and features and conduct quarterly/semi annual check-in meetings
- Acquire and maintain a strong knowledge of the Litmus solution and competitive solutions in order to develop proposals and solutions to drive incremental value for the customer base
- Accurately enter, update, and maintain daily activity, forecast and opportunity information in salesforce.com
- Exceed monthly, quarterly and annual renewal and upsell targets and objectives
What are we looking for?
- BS/BA required
- You have 2-5 years in an account management role in a B2B SaaS company where you were responsible for managing customer relationships, renewals and upsells
- You have experience selling into agencies and/or marketing departments of major brands, retailers and technology companies is required. You have a strong working knowledge of the email creative process and where Litmus fits into the marketing technology stack
- You have impeccable customer skills and a strong sense of empathy and integrity
- You have experience in the early days of a successful software or SaaS sales organization as it grew would be ideal
- You follow a disciplined sales process, are organized and analytical and are able to identify and eliminate sales and product obstacles creatively and quickly
- You work well with others and have a strong emotional IQ. You know how to influence people who do not work for you, and know when to push and not push
- You are an entrepreneur and are excited by the prospect of building a patch of business and hitting quarterly and annual targets
- You don’t like to be micro-managed and are self-motivated. We hire smart, driven, and motivated people who can do their job with limited guidance. We work well as a team and communicate often but are moving too fast to micro-manage you
- You have demonstrated a track record of success, professionally and personally. You are competitive and are a leader. Having set and met or exceeded goals is required
- You must be customer focused and highly responsive
- You have experience using a CRM system to facilitate pipeline and forecasting
Why should I choose Litmus?
We offer everything you'd expect from a financially successful and profitable startup, and we've been going strong for ten years.
- Great salary and stock options, comprehensive health care benefits, and a generous retirement plan match
- 28 days of paid vacation—that’s on top of team retreats and public holidays
- Remote friendly culture. We're looking for team members that could primarily work from our beautifully designed and well-equipped office on 2nd Ave in San Mateo, CA or in Central Square in Cambridge, MA. Since many of our teammates are located around the globe, you'll also benefit from the first-class remote experience we've created—giving you the flexibility to work remotely when you need to, along with the tools and resources you need to succeed.
- Family friendly. Flexible schedules along with generous maternity and paternity policies
- The best tools and technology money can buy. Top of the line hardware, software, and whatever else you need to be awesome
It’s the company you keep. The people at Litmus are truly amazing, each in their own way. With outstanding profitable growth and the trust of more than 250,000 marketers you know you’re part of a winning team.