As a leader in email creation, testing, and analytics for more than a decade, Litmus has built a loyal following among email professionals worldwide. Our SaaS platform empowers marketers, designers, and agencies to achieve high levels of email personalization, engagement, and ROI. Major global brands across every industry and vertical trust Litmus to help them confidently deliver a superior email experience, including 9 of the top 10 eCommerce brands, 8 of the top 10 retailers, 7 of the top 10 tech companies, and 23 of the top 25 US ad agencies.
We are looking for an ambitious, experienced, and performance-driven leader to help us scale our email marketing program. The Director of Email Marketing will work cross-functionally with stakeholders in Marketing, Sales, Design, Product, Support, and Finance to develop email strategy, campaigns, and reporting across two key lines of business: Online/Self-Serve and Enterprise.
What would I do at Litmus?
- Develop overall email strategy/roadmap, define key priorities, and oversee the execution of email to drive acquisition, accelerate prospects through each stage of the sales funnel, improve retention, and reduce churn.
- Drive performance across a full range of email execution including transactional, acquisition, onboarding, drip, content promotion, and reactivation campaigns.
- Continuously optimize communications throughout the customer and sales lifecycle.
- Define and prioritize metrics for the email channel, and develop periodic reporting that ties email marketing back to critical measures, including revenue. You know that email performance goes beyond opens and clicks, and have demonstrable experience going beyond basic email marketing metrics. You’ll leverage that data to prioritize initiatives, including building projections and working with our data analysts to ensure accurate measurement and program evaluation.
- Lead and develop the Email team to prioritize and execute strategies and tactics; conduct analysis to uncover optimization opportunities; and share insights to deliver best-in-class email marketing and execution.
- Develop optimized workflow and data-driven decision making processes to improve program execution and iteration.
- Act as an internal advisor, establishing guidelines to monitor list health, send frequency, deliverability, database management, and engagement to maintain trust in the Litmus brand and our position as an email marketing thought leader.
What is Litmus looking for in a candidate?
- We won't limit to 'x' years of experience, but you should have a deep and demonstrable understanding of all facets of email marketing, including campaign strategy/development, messaging, customer segmentation, lifecycle optimization, deliverability, list building, data integrity, profile/preference management, CAN-SPAM/CASL/GDPR compliance, mobile optimization, and AB/multivariate testing.
- We are more interested in your qualifications as an email marketing leader than where you reside. Our marketing team is globally distributed—this role is open to remote candidates or can be co-located in our San Mateo, CA or Cambridge, MA offices.
- You are eager to collaborate, learn, lead, and teach. You’re equally comfortable writing a blog post about the surprising results of our latest A/B test as you are developing the segmentation strategy for our next email campaign or hosting an internal lunch and learn on the pitfalls of list rental.
- You have experience in B2B SaaS companies, specifically at the Enterprise level.
- Experience in analyzing and manipulating data in Excel to draw meaningful insights. You are data-informed and creative, and know how to effectively balance customer-centricity while driving results.
- You embrace the inherent challenges that comes with marketing to marketers. You think and care about what really matters to marketers, their experience with our brand, our product, and our company.
- You have good communication skills. As a distributed team, it's important that we're able to understand each other through text and spoken word.
- Experience with database management systems, the ESP landscape, third party email tools, and emerging trends/technology.
- Experience with Litmus, Pardot, and Salesforce a plus.
Why should I choose Litmus?
We offer everything you'd expect from a financially successful and profitable startup, except we've been going strong for ten years.
- Great salary, comprehensive health care benefits, and a generous retirement plan match.
- 28 days of paid vacation—that’s on top of team retreats, public holidays, and a holiday break in December.
- Family friendly. Flexible schedules along with generous maternity and paternity policies.
- Remote friendly culture. You'll benefit from the first-class remote experience we've created—giving you the flexibility to work remotely when you need to, along with the tools and resources you need to succeed.
- We’ll enable you to run a well-staffed and well-resourced email program—you won’t be expected to be a one-person show.
- When it comes to email, we “practice what we preach.” You can breathe easy knowing that you’re running a clean permission-based email program.
It’s the company you keep. The people at Litmus are truly amazing, each in their own very individual way. What’s more, at Litmus we’re free to care more for our customers and our employees than most other companies can. Yet, we’re driven. With over 250,000 marketers trusting Litmus and outstanding profitable growth, you know you’re part of a winning team.