Who is Litmus?
Major global brands across every industry and vertical trust Litmus to make email better, including 9 of the top 10 ecommerce brands, 7 of the top 10 technology companies, and 23 of the top 25 US ad agencies.
Backed by $49M from Spectrum Equity, the Litmus email creation, testing, and analytics platform empowers marketers, designers, and agencies to confidently deliver customer experiences that ensure brand alignment and quality, as well as maximize performance and deliverability.
What would I do at Litmus?
As our environment grows, we're looking for a versatile Database Administrator to be the point person designing and maintaining our data storage systems. At Litmus we leverage a broad range of technologies in this space. This role would be point on helping us choose those technologies and leverage them effectively.
Key Job Rsponsibilities:
- Monitor data-storage implementations ensuring they are fault tolerant and up-to-date, including managing software upgrades
- Tuning of production environment performance and handle regular maintenance
- Design and manage our ETL process and data warehousing implementation
- Provide support for our internal data scientists analytics efforts
- Recommend and apply best practices to our storage design
- Work with the engineering teams on database changes, query performance, indexing, etc
- Manage the backup and restore of data storage systems
- Be on-call for production databases including problem resolution and engineering support
What are we looking for?
- Natural troubleshooting skills: comfortable investigating any problem, knowing when to ask for help
- Strong analytical skills: identifying and predicting problems, collecting data to support your conclusions
- Experience running a production environment on AWS
- Solid understanding of SQL and DB performance tuning concepts
- Experience with MySQL and/or NOSQL databases is a plus
- Good understanding of Data modeling techniques
- Knowledge of data warehousing strategies is a plus
- Familiarity with C# or Ruby is a plus, but not essential
- Comfortable with linux and windows platforms
- Skilled at analyzing how applications interact with storage systems
- A reasonable grasp of encryption and related data security concepts
- Understanding of how to do capacity planning
Why should I choose Litmus?
- We offer everything you'd expect from a financially successful and profitable growth company, and we've been going strong for ten years.
- Great salary and stock options, comprehensive health care benefits, and a generous retirement plan match.
- 28 days of paid vacation - that’s on top of team retreats, public holidays, and a week-long holiday break in December.
- Remote-friendly culture. No matter where you are, you'll feel connected to the team. Over half of our employees work remotely. Your work experience is just as exciting, entertaining, and engaging wherever you choose to work from.
- Family friendly. Flexible schedules along with generous maternity and paternity policies.
- The best tools and technology money can buy. Top of the line hardware, software, and whatever else you need to be awesome.
It’s the company you keep. The people at Litmus are truly amazing, each in their own way. What’s more, at Litmus we’re free to care more for our customers and our employees than most other companies can. Yet, we’re driven. With over 250,000 marketers trusting Litmus and outstanding profitable growth, you know you’re part of a winning team.