Who is Litmus?
At Litmus we build best-in-class tools and applications to empower marketers, designers, and agencies to achieve high levels of personalization, engagement, and ROI with every email they send. Over 250,000 major global brands across every industry and vertical trust Litmus to help them confidently deliver a superior subscriber experience, including 9 of the top 10 eCommerce brands, 8 of the top 10 retailers, 7 of the top 10 tech companies, and 23 of the top 25 US ad agencies.
We also have partnerships with more than 250 industry-leading email service providers and agencies, including Salesforce Marketing Cloud, MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, Experian, IBM Marketing Cloud, HubSpot, and Return Path.
As Head of Product Marketing at Litmus you will oversee positioning, planning, and execution of our go-to-market strategy in support of our online and enterprise business. You will leverage your past experience to bring new products and services to market while driving product differentiation, competitive intelligence, user engagement, and adoption through marketing campaigns across a variety of channels.
You will be expected to accelerate the evolution of our product marketing from feature-driven tools for individuals to a value-driven platform for enterprise teams, providing mentorship and guidance to internal marketing, success, and sales. Your approach will be data-driven, offering an analytical perspective to audience definition, segmentation, pricing, positioning, and testing. The ideal candidate is a proven B2B marketing leader and is comfortable managing across disciplines, offices, and locations; working cross-functionally with all internal teams and all levels of the organization.
Job Description: What would I do at Litmus?
- Work cross-functionally to prioritize our go-to-market plan and market needs
- Develop a deep understanding of our products, buyers, and markets
- Establish clear definitions of our target customer personas, segments, priorities and approach
- Craft empathetic and compelling product stories that resonate with customers and prospects
- Influence product development and launch strategy, based on customer insight, market research, customer adoption, and market awareness
- Collaborate with product marketing managers to plan, lead, and manage the pre-launch, launch, and post-launch marketing of Litmus products and services
- Support Sales, Partners and Customer Success teams with compelling tools and collateral
- Engage directly with prospects, customers and partners to help them be more successful
- Clearly communicate customer value through messaging frameworks, content marketing, collateral, and sales tools
- Lead analysis and market research to support go-to-market decisions, market dynamics, industry trends, buyer personas, customer insights, and competitive intelligence to drive business priorities
- Assist in the creation of value-based pricing frameworks and align product pricing and packaging offers to customer value
- Ensure consistent product messaging across all marketing channels
- Support demand generation and public relations marketing efforts
Requirements: What are we looking for?
- Demonstrated capacity to create product and market value that customers are willing to invest in
- Proven track record of developing and delivering product positioning and messaging that achieves significant goals
- Ability and eagerness to flex between high-level planning, developing strategic insights, and making data driven recommendations—managing initiatives from strategy through to execution and reporting
- Ability to prioritize our communication strategy according to the potential of different customer segments and personae
- Exceptional analytical skills, specifically the ability to assemble and interpret data, create executive summaries, and deliver actionable business insights
- Domain expertise in email marketing, SaaS, and/or cloud platforms
- Impeccable writing skills and uncanny ability to communicate across all levels of internal and external audiences
- Obsessive attention to detail paired with a bias to ship and GSD (Get Stuff Done)
Why should I choose Litmus?
We offer everything you'd expect from a financially successful and profitable startup, and we've been going strong for ten years.
- Great salary and stock options, comprehensive health care benefits, and a generous retirement plan match.
- 28 days of paid vacation—that’s on top of team retreats, public holidays, and a holiday break in December.
- Remote-friendly culture. While this role has a preference for the Boston or San Francisco/Bay area, feel free to work from home when you want to. No matter where you are, you'll feel connected to the team. Your work experience is just as exciting, entertaining, and engaging wherever you choose to work from
- Family friendly. Flexible schedules along with generous maternity and paternity policies.
- The best tools and technology money can buy. Top of the line hardware, software, and whatever else you need to be awesome.
It’s the company you keep. The people at Litmus are truly amazing, each in their own way. With outstanding profitable growth and the trust of more than 250,000 marketers you know you’re part of a winning team.