Major global brands across every industry and vertical trust Litmus to get the most out of their most dependable and measurable marketing channel- email.
Backed by $49M from Spectrum Equity, the Litmus email creation, testing, and analytics platform empowers marketers to confidently deliver email experiences that ensure brand alignment and quality, maximize performance and deliverability- and use data to make better investments across their entire marketing mix.
About the Role:
Reporting to our SVP of Customer Development, the Senior Manager, Business Development will oversee a growing team of BDRs and team leaders/managers based in Cambridge, MA. You will be tasked with hiring, developing, coaching, and training a team of individuals early in their careers. As the BDR senior leader, you will own the broader pipeline goals for the company across both inbound and outbound sources while also serving as a coach and mentor to the BDRs, grooming them for future sales roles at the company. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to make a big impact within a growing organization and segment while also building a pipeline of opportunities for Litmus as well as a pipeline of our future sales rock stars.
- Provide ongoing day-to-day leadership and coaching to a group of BDRs in a high velocity sales environment, supporting both inbound and outbound pipeline development for our Mid Market and Enterprise teams
- Lead ongoing training, often daily through role playing and call reviews, to improve your team’s performance and address performance gaps
- Work with enablement to build onboarding programs and ongoing enablement curriculum across product knowledge, industry acumen, prospecting and objection handling
- Manage your team to success, including hiring, onboarding/training, day-to-day coaching and mentoring
- Partner with marketing to drive high quality inbound leads and inquiries while also supporting our outbound pipeline building efforts to hit our monthly pipeline goals
- Leverage Salesforce.com to report on sales activity and key metrics and forecast to senior sales management.
- Drive a dashboard driven culture. Measure and manage your team across key metrics, including sales activity, call connects, opportunity creation and conversion rates. Leverage dashboards and key metrics to coach the team and to learn what is working and not working to improve team performance
- Maintain a culture of collaboration, friendly competition and fun. Motivate the team through coaching, regular sharing of results and key metrics to drive collaborative competition and SPIFFs
- Develop the BDR team into candidates for future Account Executive and Account Management positions
Who is a great fit for this role?
- You have 3-5+ years of experience managing a BDR team, doing both outbound and inbound pipeline development
- You have experience managing an inside sales team and/or recent success as a quota carrying account executive
- You exemplify “Extreme Ownership” in your professional and personal lives; you maintain a commitment to overachievement from each team member, instilling a “never quit” attitude and focus to exceed targets regardless of any challenge
- You’re data-driven. You leverage and communicate using data to improve core metrics and drive changes in behavior
- You coach your team to success and have experience working with and enabling both entry level BDRs (aka out of college) and tenured BDRs with 1-2 years experience
- You have a track record of success of promoting BDRs to Account Executive roles
- You’re a team builder and coach; you motivate individuals and the team
- You thrive in a high growth environment with monthly goals
What’s Life Like at Litmus?
We offer everything you'd expect from a financially successful and profitable startup:
- Great salary and stock options, comprehensive health care benefits, and a generous retirement plan match.
- 28 days of paid vacation—that’s on top of team retreats and public holidays
- Family friendly. Flexible schedules along with generous maternity and paternity policies.
It’s the company you keep. The people at Litmus are truly amazing, each in their own way. With outstanding profitable growth and the trust of more than 250,000 marketers you know you’re part of a winning team.