Who is Litmus?
At Litmus we build best-in-class tools and applications to empower marketers, designers, and agencies to achieve high levels of personalization, engagement, and ROI with every email they send. Over 250,000 major global brands across every industry and vertical trust Litmus to help them confidently deliver a superior subscriber experience, including 9 of the top 10 eCommerce brands, 8 of the top 10 retailers, 7 of the top 10 tech companies, and 23 of the top 25 US ad agencies.
We also have partnerships with more than 250 industry-leading email service providers and agencies, including Salesforce Marketing Cloud, MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, Experian, IBM Marketing Cloud, HubSpot, and Return Path.
We are seeking an inspirational leader to manage our growing engineering team. Reporting to the CTO, you’ll be required to grow and mentor our top-class team of innovative and passionate engineers, further developing and fostering our high-performance culture.
You’ll oversee a sophisticated 30+ person team, including two very experienced Engineering Directors overseeing teams primarily composed of senior engineers. With a mantra of “just enough process,” the engineering team is well organized and efficient, and is keenly anticipating developing further under an experienced VP Engineering.
You will work directly with the CTO/Co-Founder while interfacing extensively with our customer-facing and product leadership teams. You will continue to build out and lead a high performing engineering team and be comfortable managing across disciplines, offices, and locations. Your extensive experience includes years of leadership and examples of introducing or improving engineering processes, with multiple technology, adoption and economic successes.
Job Description: What would I do at Litmus?
- Lead the planning and implementation aspects of software engineering at Litmus.
- Own and improve QA and other operations to empower engineering to deliver against our product roadmap while maintaining our existing high quality.
- Introduce applicable engineering best practices and oversee adoption among the team.
- Mentor and grow the skills of the existing team while attracting new talent.
- Participate in strategy and business planning, including being involved in designing the product roadmap.
- Work closely with marketing, sales, customer support and product to ensure they’re well-versed on our more technical initiatives.
Qualifications: This could be a great role for you if:
- You have a BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- You have many years’ experience in B2B SaaS product management roles with a multi-year proven track record of economically successful outcomes.
- You have worked and thrived in start-up/high growth environments and you know how to work with urgency.
- You take a down-to-earth and practical approach to engineering, adding just the right amount of structure, while still remaining flexible and accommodating approaches.
- You are accustomed to advocating for your work; articulate and support your position while being open to feedback and alternative solutions.
- You thrive in a role in which you apply strategy to tactical work; you are hands on while grasping the big picture and you are comfortable working with senior engineers to make large-scale technology decisions.
- You are collaborative and adaptive.
- You’ll embrace the Litmus culture, its business and reputation.
Why should I choose Litmus?
We offer everything you'd expect from a financially successful and profitable growth company, and we've been going strong for ten years.
- Great salary and stock options, comprehensive health care benefits, and a generous retirement plan match
- 28 days of paid vacation - that’s on top of team retreats, public holidays, and a holiday break in December
- Remote-friendly culture. While this role has a preference for Boston or San Francisco/ Bay Area as a team location, feel free to work from home when you want to. No matter where you are, you'll feel connected to the team. Your work experience is just as exciting, entertaining, and engaging wherever you choose to work from
- Family friendly. Flexible schedules along with generous maternity and paternity policies
- The best tools and technology money can buy. Top of the line hardware, software, and whatever else you need to be awesome
It’s the company you keep. The people at Litmus are truly amazing, each in their own way. With outstanding profitable growth and the trust of more than 250,000 marketers you know you’re part of a winning team.